RPE-PV Programmable Rotary Encoder
Newall’s RPE-PV features a dynamic encoder resolution capability that allows users to easily program the encoder resolution to any value between 1 and 10,000 counts per revolution.
Users can program and reprogram the encoder’s resolution on site as needed. Using the optional programming cable, connect the encoder to a computer via the USB port. Simply enter the new resolution and click ‘Program’. A new resolution is now programmed. It’s just that simple.
- Simple to program
- Installs just like a standard encoder
- Instant positive indication of the programmed value
- Take the guesswork out of encoder resolution
- High speed operation due to high base count
- Wide range of possible counts per revolution CPR - 1 to 10,000
- Automatic index pulse positioning
- Easily change CPR for prototyping situations and machine set-ups
- Reduce stock of different CRP encoders for maintenance (keep just one type in stock and program it as needed)
Software / Driver Downloads
1. Install the USB driver:
USB Virtual COM Port Driver
(Unzip the file, run 'BEI_VCP_Installer.exe')
2. Install the programming software:
RPE-PV Programming Installer
(Unzip the file, run 'setup.exe' and follow the on-screen prompts)
Shaft Diameter: 3/8” (9.53mm)
Flat On Shaft: 0.80 long (20.3mm) X 0.03 (0.76mm)” deep;
Shaft Loading: Up to 40 pounds axial and 35 pounds radial
Shaft Runout: 0.0005" T.I.R. at midpoint regardless of shaft diameter
Starting Torque at 25°C: 2.5 in-oz (max);
Bearings: Class ABEC 7
Shaft Material: 416 stainless steel
Bearing Housing: Die cast aluminum with protective finish
Cover: Die cast aluminum
Bearing Life: 2 X 108 revs (1300 hrs. at 2500 RPM) at rated load 1 X 1010 revs (67,000 hrs. at 2500 RPM) at 10% of rated load
Maximum RPM: 12,000 RPM nominal
Weight: 13 oz typical
Output Format: 2 channels in quadrature, 1/2 cycle index gated with negative B channel
Cycles Per Shaft Turn: 1 to 10,000 re-programmable.
Supply Voltage: 5 to 28 VDC
Current Requirements: 140 mA typical + output load, 290 mA (max).
Voltage/Output: 28V/V: Line Driver, 5–28 VDC in, Vout = Vin
Protection Level: Reverse, overvoltage and output short circuit
Frequency Response: Max RPM of 3,000.
Output Terminations: M18
Enclosure Rating: IP 66.
Temperature: Operating, 0º to 70º C; Storage, -25º to 90º C
Shock: 50g’s for 11 msec duration
Vibration: 5 to 2000 Hz @ 20g’s
Humidity: 98% RH without condensation